The Urban Spirituality Center supports humankind’s unfolding recognition of unity by offering nourishing silence, loving community and awakening experiences, services, practices, retreats and classes.
- Seeing people as fully human
- Honoring spirituality as an inherent human quality
- Helping people to be in charge of their lives
- Serving as agents of the people
- Providing confidentiality
- Connecting to one's interdependency to each other and the world
- A place of silence, pregnant with spirit and soul
- A place of silence and solitude that connects us to the spirit and soul
- A place of presence that is accessible to all spiritual seekers
- A place of safety for opening and sharing with self and others and exploring the expansiveness of spiritual potential
- A place to connect with self, others, the world and whatever is transcendental in our lives, the totality of existence and one's center
- A place to explore the meaning of life for one's life and of life
- A sanctuary in times of personal and existential strife and crisis
- An environment and community that supports an evolving sense of wholeness that includes spirit, soul, body and mind
- An environment and community that is challenging, that holds out possibilities
- An environment and community that demonstrates its teachings
- An environment and community that calls people to a deep resonance with their spiritual and soulful essence
- An environment and community that supports the development of an awakened expression of being fully human--human embodiment
- An environment and community that fosters a growing awareness of people's connectivity to humankind and the global ecology with recognition of the responsibility for universal stewardship
- A community accepting of their spiritual paths, and those of others, and nurturing spiritual development
Copyright © 2014 by the Urban Spirituality Center. All rights reserved.
Photo: Pebbles under Water by Dianne Edleman.